Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New features in version 1.1.0
Hi Guys,
we are defining what will be the new features that will release with version 1.1.0 of MyT.
We would like that you helped us to define a set of features that are useful or necessary for our project management tool.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated

Dom.
There are many users are forwarding requests for new features directly using the contact form or email info@manageyourteam.net at http://manageyourteam.net/contact.html
We'd like that requests for assistance or requests for improvements were posted on the forum in order to be of public utility and allow users to interact.

For now, the most widely reported as necessary features appear to be:
  • the ability to insert comments in the tasks
  • the ability to display a given set of tasks such as Gantt chart.

Do not be shy Wink , we want to improve and grow this software but not without your help.
Gantt Gantt Gantt. With dynamic changeable tasks order and task times
Hi,

Thanks for this nice software.

Global search, notes (or a project wiki) would be nice additions. Adding notes or other documentation as attachments would work but is less useful.
(09-10-2014, 03:23 PM)marcaz Wrote: Gantt Gantt Gantt. With dynamic changeable tasks order and task times

Thank you for your feedback we will try to focus our effort in Gantt addition!

(09-17-2014, 03:12 PM)dboisvert Wrote: Hi,

Global search, notes (or a project wiki) would be nice additions. Adding notes or other documentation as attachments would work but is less useful.
Thank you dboisvert! I agree about global search, about the notes ( or project wiki ) can you explain better ? I like the base idea, but I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean a new field visibile on project main page with notes, or a separated page/section with project wiki ?
(09-19-2014, 11:30 AM)Paolo Wrote:
(09-10-2014, 03:23 PM)marcaz Wrote: Gantt Gantt Gantt. With dynamic changeable tasks order and task times

Thank you for your feedback we will try to focus our effort in Gantt addition!

(09-17-2014, 03:12 PM)dboisvert Wrote: Hi,

Thank you dboisvert! I agree about global search, about the notes ( or project wiki ) can you explain better ? I like the base idea, but I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean a new field visibile on project main page with notes, or a separated page/section with project wiki ?

Both would be great, a field for temporary notes and a separated page/section for a project wiki.

But separated page/section for a project wiki is more important for our use.
Through the emails we are receiving is clear that there is much interest in the topic "custom fields" both at the project level and at the task level. 
The ability to define new fields, and to decide their type through a simple configuration, seems to be an essential requirement for many people.
I fully agree with this assessment.
The note field could be a simple category of task (like task, enh, bug).
(09-29-2014, 08:17 PM)dboisvert Wrote: The note field could be a simple category of task (like task, enh, bug).

So, it's ok for you if we make configurable the dropdown list for type of task?
This is a hypothesis, but I was thinking about Smile
A configurable dropdown list would be just fine for our needs.

We don't need the « bug » and the « enh » so we could insert other values instead. Tracking bugs isn't a big priority for us ;-)

FYI, we are a small archives and records management company. We use myt to track our contracts with our clients (goals, tasks, questions, special demands, planning for next year, etc.). We tried CRM software but they are to complicated for are needs.