Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Implemented Translation and localization
Hi,

Since my team works in French, I've decided to translate MyT in French. This is going well. I've found the files in public_html/myt/protected/messages/en and added public_html/myt/protected/messages/fr. I also added "fr" to public_html/myt/protected/messages/config.php.

I can now select French in the config section of MyT.

Since French is not the same around the world, I was wondering if it would not be a good idea to add localization to the translation. So, in our case, French would become French(Canada) or fr_CA.

Also, where and to whom do I send the translated files so they can be added to the code ? [Edit : For now, it can be found here : https://github.com/ronzed/MyT_fr_CA ]
According to the official Yii Guide, the i18n module supports localization: you can request "fr_ca" translations and, if they are not found, Yii uses the "fr" ones, otherwise the default ("en") ones.

Thanks for posting your translation: we should add it to our core package, even though it should be updated every time we release new English entries...
Occasio ægre offertur, facile amittitur.
(A good opportunity is seldom presented, and is easily lost.)
Publilius Syrus
Hi,

Could line 4 of the file "/myt/protected/views/menu/menu.php" be changed so that the string 'Home' could be translated ?

For example :
PHP Code:
array('label' => Yii::t('nav''Home'), 'url' => array('/site/index'), 'visible' => !Yii::app()->user->isGuest), 

There are other strings that cannot be translated, like the Copyright footer. I'll try to create a more complete list this weekend.

Thanks,
Dominic
Yes, it could be. Please, send us a list of missing translations and we will update our code as soon as possible Smile Thank you.
Occasio ægre offertur, facile amittitur.
(A good opportunity is seldom presented, and is easily lost.)
Publilius Syrus
Dear All,

I just completed the translation to Spanish, in case you need it. Please let me know were I can send the files? or if you rather for me to post it.

Thank you for such a good app. Smile

Regards

Perci Escobar
Hi perci,
We are very pleased that you translated it in spanish, if you send the translation to us, we will include it in next release.

Thank you!

Paolo
(03-16-2015, 04:47 PM)Francesco Wrote: Yes, it could be. Please, send us a list of missing translations and we will update our code as soon as possible Smile Thank you.

Hi Francesco,

Here is what I found missing :

Lines that need to be translated

1. Home
2. Copyright notice

Lines that need to be changed so we can use plural form.
1. My projects
2. Users online
3. My open tasks
4. My working in tasks
5. Show results
6. In Charges : days of week are not translatable.

Tasks
Types : Where do you translate them ?

Date and time
Also, date format varies sometime it's dd/mm/aaaa, sometime it's aaaa/mm/dd. French ask for ISO format, aaaa/mm/dd.

Hope this helps.
Dominic
(06-23-2015, 09:32 AM)Paolo Wrote: Hi perci,
We are very pleased that you translated it in spanish, if you send the translation to us, we will include it in next release.

Thank you!

Paolo

Attached you will find the translation as divoisvert mentioned in previous posts \"app name"\protected\messages\ uncompress with "es" name.

Regards,

Attached Files
.zip   es.zip (Size: 6.8 KB / Downloads: 3)
added both to 1.4.0 release, thank you a lot guys!!!